Monday, January 26, 2009

I like... THRIFT TOWN

Where to begin? For me, Thrift Town is paradise. It is the thrift store of all the thrift stores. They have everything. And when I say "everything," I mean EVERYTHING from collectible troll dolls to faded wedding gowns. I try to visit once a week, but it ends up being about once a month. I usually stick to clothes, but if something else really suits my fancy, I won't hesitate to buy it. Maybe that's why I love Thrift Town so much: It's the one place where I can impulsively buy almost anything, and it won't leave me feeling like an empty piggy bank. I find myself defending Thrift Town on a regular basis. Some Abercrombie-wearing bimbo will ask me where I got my shoes, and I'll answer "Thrift Town." That's when she scrunches her nose like a skunk just got run-over, and says, "That means someone else wore those. Eeeew. What if they had fungi problems?" Every time this occurs, I actually want to yell profanities and punch them in the eyeball. But instead, I always say, "I guess, but I always try to clean them before putting them on." They walk away, disgusted. God, I wish I had some backbone sometimes. Anyway, here's what I bought when I went today: a printed cotton dress, a grey H&M sweatshirt, a tan cable'knit sweater, a brown and blue printed skirt, black leggings from the little girls' section, and a Ralph Lauren paisley-ish t-shirt. Pretty darn successful.And that's why I like Thrift Town.

2 comments:

  1. There is a place in this world called "Thrift Town"? Why have I never heard of it? I will Google it and plan my next vacation accordingly!

    ReplyDelete